Dulzura, California is an unincorporated community in San Diego County, California. It is located 25 miles ESE of the city of San Diego, about 10 miles north of the U.S.-Mexican border.
It was best known between 1908 and 1914 as the home of a delicacy known as “Clark’s Pickelized Figs”, a candied fruit that was sold from small firkins at grocery stores across the United States. The figs were produced at Clark Ranch by Frank and Lila Clark. The Clark Ranch remains in the family to the present day, and the original “Pickle House” is now the ranch office.
The community is largely rural and has a population of only about 700 people.
REAL-TIME MARKET SNAP SHOT